Tuesday February 17, 2015
Tax Implications of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
1 Hr CPE - Tax
Scott Crane - Director of Employee Benefit Services - Tycor Benefit Administrators, Inc.
There have been many changes in the tax law since the implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. This will be an important presentation to attend. The following topics will be discussed.
Play or Pay Taxes
Essential Benefit Reporting (IRS Section 6055 and 6056)
Employer Payment Plans
Small Employer Tax Credit
Health Insurance Subsidy Paybacks
• Scott specializes in the custom design of employee benefit programs (medical,
dental, disability, life and long term care insurance). He is recognized as an
industry leader for cutting-edge utilization of Consumer Driven Health Care
methodology and alternative funding mechanisms to optimize tax strategies. He
also focuses on compliance issues to protect clients from potential problems.
• Pennsylvania Association of Health Underwriters (PAHU), Past State
Legislative Chairperson (2006-2012), Special Projects Coordinator, Board Member
• National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU), Member
• Greater Philadelphia Association of Health Underwriters (GPAHU), Past
Legislative Chairman, Past Board Member
Speaker - Advisor
• Regular speaker for the Main Line Association for Continuing Education (MACE)
on topics such as tax implications of welfare benefits, long term care
insurance, and Health Care Reform (2003-2012).
• Regular speaker for the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) on topics
such as disability insurance, managing health care premiums, HIPAA, HSA’s and
Health Care Reform (2005-2012).
• Health Care Reform (Comparison of The Massachusetts Plan, The California
Proposal and the Pennsylvania Proposal) presented to the Legislators and Staff
of the Pennsylvania House and Senate (2007).
• Spoke at the Press Conference for the House Republican Health Care Task Force
• Testify as an expert before both the Pennsylvania House and Senate committees
on health care issues (2005-2012).
• Occasional Advisor to the Pennsylvania Department of Insurance (2007-2012)
• Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Philadelphia University
• Advanced Chartered Benefit Consultant (ACBC)
• Certified, Long Term Care (CLTC)
• Life and Health License
• Property and Casualty License